Thursday, November 20, 2008

WITH OPEN EYES..........



So much stuff I hadn’t noticed before……Its interesting how we can go somewhere and never notice the view. I was taken back today as I journeyed to my voice class. I guess the third time was the charm…But then I thought, the other two times, I was just trying to get to Marie Street, without getting lost!! But since I now know the way, I can look around and SEE some of the markers, I never noticed before.

There is the Malabar Park on the left, very nice and a great park, tennis courts, volley ball, tables and grilling areas, walking paths, a great park. It was there all the time, but I was looking straight ahead….And there is the Post Office, there, never seen it before…. And the Berry Patch, a very nice facility for pre-schoolers. The Seed and Feed store that reminded me of my parents store, so many years ago. And there was the Produce store, closer than the one on US 1 that I frequent. I had seen the Palm Bay Community Hospital, but there is an Assisted Living right next to it, oh my... so much in that area.

I got to thinking, how much have I missed in life, by just looking one way, failing to look around and really SEE whats around me, other people, their views, their struggles, their differences yet their familiarities. It made me come home and write…….

I learned something today, slow down and swell the roses….or at least look around, there maybe something worth taking a second look, right at your door or in your back yard. I thought, right around me on Malabar Road so many things I had never noticed….Careful there is a lesson in this….

Blessings
Torrence

No comments: