Thursday, November 27, 2008

THANKS-GIVING.....



What a wonderful word and a great thought…thanksgiving. But I wonder how much of “that” is really going on.... Yes I’m up early, while checking e-mails, I heard thanks-giving…and the Lord began to speak….and I listened.

It has been a busy and exciting week. Loria (youngest daughter), and her two girls Kenna Boo, and Karris have been here since Sunday morn. All the way from Nashville, Tennessee…..Theresa, husband Eric and their two girls, Treasure and Cherish-Faye, got in about midnight. A festive time indeed!!! Kameki’s family lives here and will be over shortly…..All the children here except Little John and family in Maryland….he may show up…..

It has been a week of giving…Karris is about 21/2 and very smart and eventful, we’ve given some instructions…Kenna Boo is beginning teenage years and is very mannerly still, but needs prompting here and there. Last night we had a good time cooking together, she kept saying, “Grandma anything else I can do”?, GOTTA LOVE THAT!!!

David and Samuel are very conscious of what all has to be done when a house full of family shows. Sam is a good shopper and helped pay for “special” stuff we needed for the house, asking “don’t we need this, don’t we need that”.? Thanks-giving. He is so sharing and still has a nice “nest egg”, from his days of working at ITT, always willing to share. David is the "best all around" handyman, can fix and critique about anything!! I'm always calling LORENZO (his middle name). Thanks-giving. And of course there is my love and best friend on earth, John Torrence, my husband of 23 years, he did something so special, I can’t talk about it now, it was more than I deserved…Thanks-giving.

The giving of the self to me is the greatest giving. Things are ok, and good and needful... but give me you, I give you me. For God so loved the world that he gave Himself in the form of His loving Son Jesus, THANKS-GIVING……..
Happy Thanks-Giving to all…
Torrence

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sister Glenda! Just checking in to see how things are going with you. :o) BTW - I have a new blog address, it is thesparrowspot.blogspot.com.

Hope to hear from you soon!