Monday, October 6, 2008

THE BEGINNING OF MY VACATION...IN FLORIDA

Today the Torrence’s ventured out to the big old Atlantic Ocean, yep we hit the beaches!! Listening to the sound of the ocean bearing down, and bringing big waves, and plenty of enjoyment, brought back some happy memories. It was the “perfect” day, of sorts, very few people and the weather was just nice and right. There was so much sand between our toes, we had to wash and wash before getting back in the car!!!

As a child I was raised about an hour from the Ocean, and daddy made sure we got there two or three times a year, especially ensuring the Sunday School children got to enjoy a trip to the waters. On one such trip I slipped off with my friend Patricia and her father in a BOAT…My daddy had a fit and I was “dubious to the obvious”….Anyway back to Florida…

Living here is like a long awaited dream come true, I can’t explain how happy I am; how fulfilled mentally and socially and emotionally, though I can truly say, I thought I was always a happy person. But its different here…. I guess I needed a change in ways even I hadn’t realized. I thank God.

In a way, its as if I’ve found myself, I fit perfectly and I’m meeting people who seem to really like me, and I'm having fun singing and meeting new people, not as John Torrence wife, but just as a person, this is new to me and I’m loving it!! I'm doing new things with new people and its great! I call my life, THE NEW BEGINNING, and so far, so very good. Looking forward to having people over and doing some Herbal Hours, now I have room enough to invite a bunch of people!

We are so close to the beaches, about 20 minutes and “I’m there”. We were going to Sebastian, but a storm was brewing, so we decided to come home, but we spent a good deal of time enjoying our new enviroment.

Gilda enjoyed it too; she usually can’t handle the roaring of the water, but today was somewhat calm. Wanted to share our special day, next.. THE GULF OF MEXICO, but now more unpacking……..LOL
Blessings
Torrence

No comments: