Sunday, July 27, 2008

PRAYER FOR THE BISHOP

As you well know, we’ll living in perilous times…..I felt to blog this yesterday morning when Vicky called me about the need to pray for our beloved brother Ray Dupre, or did I call her? anyway... The thought came to me “prayer for the Bishop”. Being the head bishop of Tennessee I’m sure is not easy, but he has been dealing with a sick wife as well. My husband gathered me and children together and had a special service with scriptures and prayer. My husband can seldom pray without preaching a little! That’s good, it all goes together doesn’t it?

As we continue to stand and minister before God, let us really lift up this precious family to God, in faith believing. God will do His part as we do our part, that’s for sure.

Remember the girls, and their feelings and frustrations in this time. I still call them girls because when Bro. Dupre married me and John almost 23 years ago, Ladonna poured the punch, helping with the reception, and Jacinda was “counseling” my soon to be daughters, and Sis Brenda made the greatest cake you ever tasted!. Yes they have been part of us for a long time.

I can’t imagine what the girls, son-in-laws, and grandchildren are going through now, mama’s sick, now daddy. In the spirit of my beloved mother,"PRAY CHILDREN PRAY", and believe what you pray, and lets DO what we can to help and relieve the burden. Let us be like the ant and work together with the Dupre family at this time, all working to help the caregivers and everyone that touches these precious people of God. Thank you….
Blessings,
Torrence

4 comments:

Erika J. said...

this was a very sweet post. i'm praying for the family as well.

Stew's Blessing said...

Thank you, we all need to really bombard heaven on behalf of this whole situation and I know we are. How are you feeling, I would feel better if you started again on the omega-3's, the salmon oil is wonderful, the flaxseeds are great too. Also the noni juice is a whole body tonic and is full of phto nutrients. A naturopathic doc would really be able to help you rise this wave better. inflammation may cool some. Tried to e-mail you when Kailee had the rash, the e-mail failed to go thru. How is the rash. We will try to see you when we visit Florida the 1st week in August or thereabout. Will let you know...don't like the pop in LOL. John had mentioned stopping by...
love ya
Torrence
love ya
Torrence

Erika J. said...

hey, i've been feeling pretty rough. thanks for the advice. kailee still has the rash. predisone didn't work. no clue what she's touching that would cause such a break out. may be the new couch. only thing different around here. would love to see you guys. call me and let me know when you'll be coming through. lance is working non-stop on this house to get the financing done so i don't know how sociable he'll be. love ya!

Stew's Blessing said...

John said "we don't carry our feelings on our shoulders", just as long as he don't have a shotgun, we can deal with the rest. LOL We are the Torrence"s Too blessed to be stressed, by any negative test", Looking to seeing you and LANCE...and the girls. We sing victory today is mine! the bonds will be broken, you sing..... regardless of what is happening in your life! We've sold a house and got more than it was worth, according to the market, in a depressed market, so we can handle Lance.LOL God is good!, and you rejoice in His goodness. You rejoice with us for what God has done in our lives, and know He will help you too. Keep your hands in His hands, and He will bring you out just like He has brought us out. Yes, I make my boost in the Lord, thought I would have a little church, ha ha
My cup is running over with thankgivings to God, for the things He has done in our lives, he is NO RESPECTOR OF PERSONS, He's blessing YOU right now, look up and receive it.
Blessings
friends forever....Torrence