Thursday, July 31, 2008

THANK YOU, JESUS

As I was walking around Harris Teeter supermarket just a few minutes ago, I began saying…Thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus!!! You see my mind was going back to times when vertigo kept me from even going shopping, times I had rather forget, but I thank God. This is my testimony......

For months after this thing afflicted me back in 2001, my husband and children did everything for me, we even had to buy a dishwasher, the movement back and forward was just too much, just loading it still was too much. Some days John couldn't go to work, and I would frequent the emergency room many times.... When I did go back to the market and other venues, I would often get sick and had to leave, very frustrating and humiliating. Several times I would have to leave church and go outside and sit in my car. I even had to leave a couple of times...I rember one time last year while teaching Sunday School, I got so sick, I just sat down on the altar for awhile. Thank God for my wonderful husband and children, and for the prayers and support of the saints.

Many days I could not make it through the day, about 3:00 every day, I had to go to bed and just retire, until I could get myself together. I would lay across my bed praying the healing scriptures, I learned many of them by heart. The Word will work, if you work it! Often I would call the saints to pray for me, while I lay there, so out of it and feeling so very helpless. Sometimes thank you Jesus was all I could mutter, but that was enough.

God began to tell me to get up and play the piano. Mind you, I could barely get out of the bed, yet God would whisper, “get up and go play”. After a spell of explaining to God how bad I felt, I would carefully (very carefully), get out of bed and stumble to the living room, pull the stool out, dizzy as I go, and began to play. I remember playing two songs most times, Nothing but the blood of Jesus, and Sanctuary, oh.. I forgot Majesty worship His Majesty! Sometimes I would sing softly ,and feel the anointing of the Holy Ghost. I guess its true, “music soothes the savage beast”. I began to feel my strength come back in my body.

God began to lead me which supplements to take as me and my husband studied the condition, the doc said I had. I had to stay clear of salt and fried foods and nothing sweet! Those things still turn my world upside down, should I be foolish enough to eat them!!! Walking daily makes me feel so good as well.

I took so much stuff, and sometimes God would remind me to take my ginkgo and nutricalm, I still take them!, and mant other nutrients, praise be to God.

Isn’t God wonderful, I didn’t get well overnight but seldom do I feel like I use to, and I give praises to God. The condition isn't fully gone but I'm so much better, its like I'm another person at times.... Dr. Schwaber was shocked when I saw him a couple months ago, he couldn't believe the difference, and I glorify the God of Glenda Torrence!!

I have been asked to speak at a Prayer Breakfast on Saturday morning in Madison. Please remember me in prayer as I preach about “The Love of God, Yes, God loves You”!!
Blessings,
Torrence

No comments: