Tuesday, July 1, 2008

BELIEVE,,...AND HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF.....

It is amazing how some people seem to have the capacity to either lift you up or bring you down….I know its all how you perceive it ….but…

Coming back from my walk today, I did not feel too particularly good. Don’t know why, an old blues song says “just be’s like that sometimes”. As I was coming up on 14th , I saw a car parking on the street, it was the ‘lady in the green dress’, I slowed a bit to holler at her (country talk). I could see her moving quickly from the car, not wanting to miss a chance to encourage me, and that she did. “Don’t let nobody tell you you’re not doing good”, she said. “You have to have will power, believe and have faith in yourself,” she continued.

I turned from her quickly as tears came to my eyes, “thank you”, I muttered and kept walking. The lady in the green dress(it was pink today), had done it again, she gave strength to the weak, encouragement to the ailing, standing in the hood with a world of knowledge and wisdom in her soul and spirit. I thank God how He made us to meet up at the same place at the same time, a divine appointment as Bruce Wilkinson, author of The Prayer of Jabez, would call it!

Have faith in yourself she had voiced to me, as she came closer to her yard with keys in her hands. Not faith in God, she could descern I already had that, but wisdom told her, I have a little problem with the “faith in myself” thing…..You see this is what had prompted the tears, she had found my heart and my weakness. Have faith in yourself, I work on this every single day of my life, seriously. Lady in the green dress, thanks…again.
Torrence

2 comments:

Tam said...

She's right! You are MORE than a conqueror through Christ so therefore you CAN conquer this as well.

Keep it up!!!!!

Stew's Blessing said...

Working on it, thanks....Blessings