Thursday, June 5, 2008

STREAKING.....AGAIN

Since reaching my 22 day mile streaking walk, I’m gathering momentum, hope its not too much for me……I read an article in the O magazine that really inspired me. I am so taken away with the idea because I’m not easily inspired....

Carol Mithers, a writer and journalist challenged herself to go where she has never gone before!!! This in and of iself takes guts LOL. She went on a 30 day jig of eating NOTHING but what was good for her. No junk, no empty calories, no grease and sweets (the best of all!.). As I was reading I was thinking, is she crazy, even I can’t maintain such an endeavor!

She told of her journey and how she was successful eating in her own words “perfect” for 30 days straight. She said it was hard for two weeks and then she was fine. I must commend Ms. Mithers and I plan to write her at O once I finish this challenge, and finish it I will.

My start date is tomorrow, as I need to do a bit of shopping and “pumping myself up. Ha Ha, did you fall for that!!! Really, I do need to go to the store, I crack my own self up.......

Ms. Mithers concentrated on eating by colors which is an excellent idea. I will be sure I include protein in each meal, and only eat good carbs, there are a lot of them to choose from, of course I like the bad ones… And supplements, oh yeah, daily liquid multi- vitamin/mineral, coQ10, the omega threes (good fats),wonderful Nutricalm, and of course my favorites ANTIOXIDANTS! I will basically use the low glycemic index foods, can't go wrong there! And there will be other supplements like garlic that must be included for good health. Fiber, both soluble and insoluble and water will be the clincher, they stave off cravings and keep the bowels moving, a must for good health and weight loss (I'm going for both).

Anyway, this will be a challenge so please say a prayer for me. Of course eating right and losing weight is mostly mental, but not all mental. I figure if I could walk 3 miles a day for 22 days, and I have continued since reaching my goal, I can do anything!!! David, my main motivator told me "you can do it, just take one day at a time. Well, anyway, here goes. If I blunder I'll let you know, just like I tell you the good stuff....Seems fair to me. I have a new slogan (I use them to stay motivated) thinking before I bite is my new catchy phrase. THINK BEFORE I BITE. Steady Freddie, don't blow it!!
Torrence

No comments: