Sunday, June 8, 2008

LADY IN THE GREEN DRESS

I will be the first to admit that I don’t understand life. There are too many variables and situations and struggles and goods and bads and uglys and rights and wrongs and on and on…and on…..

But I do understand the value of lifting each other up as we pass through this life. I believe that those who help others in their endeavors, have been placed and ordained for us in a special way. With that in mind, let me tell you about a friend of mine.

She’s a lady in a green dress, who encourages me in my walking, and makes me feel like “you can make it”. Now I’m sure she wears other dresses and hats and shoes and fixings of all kinds, but I call her “the lady in the green dress,” for mostly that’s how I see and remember her.

My friend lives in a big house on 14th Avenue around the corner from my house. For reasons unknown to me but very familiar to God (He knows everything), she has become my encourager of sorts. I consider an encourager one of the greatest people in the world, they are the exhorters, or encouragers, those sent to help, Heb. 10:25.

Every single day I’m out and about walking I look for her, she always has something to say, and boy does it lift me up. A lady in a green dress sent by God to spur me on, I give glory to Him! You see, I really need her, and start looking for her as soon as I turn the corner onto South Street. Her words of encouragement and uplifting spirit sends me up the street faster and faster, eyes straight ahead, back postured for greatness, my stride moving just right.

She stirs a sense of pride in me, a tenacity I didn't think I possessed. She deposits something in me, something I need but seldom get from others. I don’t see much change in the way I look, but she goes on and on as I wave and say, thank you, and God bless you. I know God has sent her, just for me!

She makes me aware of my need to lift others up, as she pours into my life, I must pour into the lives of others. She is mentoring me in a way, though she may not even realize what she’s really doing, but I’m aware! The lady in the green dress, has really helped to enhance my life for the better, each person so valuable in their own way. Thank you lady in the green dress!
Blessings,
Torrence

No comments: