Wednesday, May 7, 2008

STREAKING...

Got to thinking bout something…Taking small steps will eventually get you where you’re going, maybe not as fast but…you know what I mean. I like to say “slow and steady wins the race”, or as my son David hammers in my ears.. “persistence is key”.

You know I’ve come to love the walking,(love the walking…), so I decided to do a streak, 22 straight days, 3miles or more. The Houston Rockets (yeah I love some sports), like to see the boys play, and the girls too LOL; anyway, the Rockets went on a 22 straight game winning streak that shocked the world! I knew they could do it, GO TRACY MCGRADDY, they even went 11 games without their superstar Yao Ming!(he's hurt).

So in the spirit and tenacity of the Houston Rockets, I have completed my third day of walking 3.1 miles…….YOU GO GIRL!!!

When I started walking, I could get up the street a ways, and look back and wonder “how am I going to get back home?” ha,ha,ha.
But it wasn’t very funny. Now 3 miles isn’t bad at all, and I start moving faster coming around the bend, thinking, I’m almost home! But it took time and (David’s word), persistence.

Yes, I’m very proud of myself and thank God for being so good to me. Now I thank Him back by walking on these beautiful legs he’s given me. When the weather is not favorable, I’ll use my Leslie walk at home video’s; NO EXCUSES.

Start your own streak, maybe 3 days without those killer sodas, or a week with at least 5 servings fruits and veggies, or come walk with me, 22 straight 3mile days.
Let me hear from you about your new “streak”, lets milk the summer for all its worth; why? Because Health Matters….

Blessings

No comments: