Sunday, May 11, 2008

STILL STANDING AND WALKING

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother’s Day, mine was super and I thank God I didn’t miss my walking streak. The weekends are more difficult, with so many extras to do but I made it. Seven days straight with 3 miles or more, is really helping me feel sooooooooogoood! The benefits of walking are tremendous, and I think as one writer said “it’s the medicine of life.”

I wanted to stay in bed this morning and walk after church, but I gathered myself and took off, boy am I glad I did! I have to push myself sometimes, but isn’t that what life’s about?

We had a blessed day, all I could have wanted and prayed for. I thank God for my wonderful family, the calls from the children and of course my wonderful sons and Gilda and John. So much to be thankful for.

I read of a man who lost 28 relatives in the storms in Myanmer, I can’t imagine that. Please remember him and others in this life draining time. Let the help get to the people Lord, truly a heartbreaking situation. Everyone gone, washed out to sea, he said “I’m the only one left." I pray God will turn the hearts to Him and that they receive his love as we have done.

The governments of those countries are so wicked and careless toward the people, I pray the help gets there to save and restore some of the people. Let us pray for this, believing, as God has promised to hear our prayers and to answer us. If my people….

We are so fortunate to have been born in this country, "nothing good we’ve done", lets be thankful and stop all complaining before” a worse thing come upon us”. Lord help us and the rest of the world.
Blessings

No comments: