Monday, May 5, 2008

AN INTERESTING DAY…THUS FAR
It was the best of times, it was the worse of times. LOL. My Monday morning started out wonderfuly, with my healthy breakfast of Fiber One Honey Clusters with soy milk, ½ banana, and bottled water and supplements.
I then proceeded to take my 2.5 mile walk around my neighborhood in God’s wonderful sunlight that I love. I can do the 2.5 faster now and I’ve started a streak, to challenge myself each day. When the weather isn’t favorable for outdoors, I use the inspiring Leslie Sansone videos, she’s the BOMB, many days I do inside and outside walking. I find my mood is very upbeat and I have energy to spare,I‘ve noticed I don‘t eat as much when I exercise….Love the walking.
I was feeling so good, ready to see Dr. Mitchell Schwaber, my ENT doctor. Two times a year I see him and I look forward to the visits because it was God who lead me to him back when I was sick. As I was sitting in the waiting room, feeling good and anticipating seeing my old friend, the nurse called me up again(always a bad sign).
She begins to tell me that because I didn’t get a referral from my primary care doctor, I would be unable to see Dr. Schwaber at this time. I’m on an insurance plan that requires this but had forgotten to call them, my mistake I know. The whole ordeal has really made me think about this “socialized healthcare” I would like to see a doctor when I need one without going through other folk. Suppose I had broken my leg(God forbid!), would I have to wait 7-10 days for the referral to go through my primary care doc. Does this make sense? What kind of question is that…..
Anyway, called my primary doctor, and will see Dr. schwaber the later part of June. This is life in the real world, more red tape and more control. Kinda like father knows best, but does he? That’s what “they” say…..Walk and stay happy!
Blessings

1 comment:

Tam said...

Good for you. I'm glad your getting healthy and in such good shape. You go girl. You know I'm all about health and fitness.

Keep up the good work!