Monday, May 5, 2008

ENJOYING THE JOURNEY.......

I’m afraid I’ve been concentrating on the destination too much, and forgetting to enjoy the journey. I remember going home to see my parents in North Carolina, many times all I thought about was getting home to see them. This of course is good, but how about the journey? The great scenic route of the Smokies and all the wonderful sights on the way many times were overshadowed with “are we there yet”?…

Since losing weight again, I’m learning to slow down and “smell the roses” so to speak. I’ve finally realized that the journey is more important that worrying about the scale and how I look in this or that. I like myself the way I am, and continue to get better, this is a great way to live.

The journey is long, with twists and turns, sorta like going to mama’s through the mountains. But I’m enjoying the trip this time and not fretting and beating myself up, I’m happier and more content and its wonderful.

I think I may finally understand what Jesus meant in John 10:10, “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly”.

Enjoy life to the full, till it overflows. Enjoy the journey of life, the destination will take care of itself really. If we live unto the Lord, we will ever be with him, but until then, enjoy the journey……and enjoy life in the "here and now".

Yes, life is hard, but we do it hard and we still enjoy the journey of life. Thank God, Thank God!

Blessings

No comments: