Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I DID IT !!!!!!

Someone said “starting a walking program takes initiative. Sticking with it takes commitment.” I agree, and I did it!!

Twenty two days ago, I set a goal, 22 days straight, 3 miles or more, and I completed it with flying colors! Several days I walked more, and I finally walked 5 miles (one day). I can hardly believe I was that deligent!

Yes, I am proud of myself….as well I should be. Three miles 22 days straight is nothing to sneeze at, I hadn’t walked that far since I left my daddy’s farm…That’s funny, even for me (ha ha).

On May 26,2008 (David’s birthday), I completed my goal. Starting out I had to ‘kill” my inner conversations, ‘its too hard…are you crazy?, everyone will see you huffing and puffing through the hood (they did),and blah,blah,blah,and a double blah!!!
I stilled the voices with confidence in myself and confidence in my God, strapped on the sneakers and took off, and boy am I glad I did.

I even got to see my neighbors more and they kept me going with “you go girl, looking good”. I love the hood, when we move I will really miss the “inner city of Nashville”, the people are wonderful, but time to move on, in more ways than one.......

If walking could be put in a bottle, it would be the pill to take! Those good feeling hormones are awesome, not to mention the other health benefits and disease prevention potential of continuous brisk walking and activity. Thank you Jesus! Its no wonder Jesus and the disciples walked so much, and wasn’t Jesus fulfilled and successful! Hadn’t thought of that. LOL

Walking requires no prescription, the “side effects” are good ones, and the benefits are life changing. And its all FREE FOR THE DOING…

Walking is simple, safe and you don’t need a practice manual to get started. You may need to check with your doc if you’ve been sedentary for a while, but after that, go for it!
I’m so continuing my walking and other exercises as I’m on my way to my better and healthier me, and I’m loving it!

I believe walking is the “medicine of life”, yeah, I believe it is….Stay happy…
Torrence

No comments: