Friday, March 14, 2008

MY TWO NEW FOUND LOVES........

I am enjoying life to the full, well, really to the overflow….This has really been a productive time in my life thanks to God (He’s always first) and some new found loves of my life.

I know (or hope) that each one who reads these posts feel the same way. My sister in North Carolina, “EJ the Storyteller” and I have a saying ‘Life is Good!’ We have a good God, what more could we expect. Yes, we have our difficulties and “life” issues but really, if we would let God help us we probably could have a "feast all the time." The song says ‘Oh what peace we often forfeit, Oh what needless pain we bear; all because we do not carry, Everything to God in prayer……

One of my new loves is writing. Oh my, how happy and fulfilled it makes me. I’m not really sure why, its not that I write so well, or think I know so much(have learned some things along the way), but I get to express things inside me as if they have been hidden. I think back when I was in college, many, many years ago,......all my professors always commended my writing and speaking abilities; but especially writing. Of course then I was “dubious to the obvious”, but now 30 years later, I see it coming forth from my spirit, even I feel the spirit leading me to WRITE. It is strange and wonderful at the same time, I give glory to God!

My other love is walking, it’s the BOMB!!! I’ve started the Leslie Sansone walk at home series. I have missed only twice since January, I walk every day regardless. My goal is to walk at least 5 miles every day. I can walk 2 miles STRAIGHT, the key is “straight” When I started I could just do a little and stop, and start again….but thanks to God and perseverance I can really gooooooooo. Yes, I’m very proud of myself. If I'm not who will be? I can’t quiet walk the 10,000 steps yet but I get pass 8,0000(LOL). I thank God for allowing me to experience these things in my life. I walk around the block and in the neighborhood, but these videos gets all parts of the body working. Its strength training and aeorbic walking. I like the steps and muscles in motion, the hand movements,the knee lifts, and kick backs, and the side steps, and the kick boxing and on and on……Yes I’m pumped !! Stay encouraged…..
Torrence

No comments: