Friday, March 14, 2008

THE INNER VOICE

There is an inner voice, and it is very important that we listen to it. I have failed to adhere to this voice more than one time ,but its this one time that still haunts me. On my way home from taking my husband to work several years ago, I had a close encounter that I still remember, it is as though it happened today. I needed to have a series of hepatitis shots for my respite care business. Three series are required and I was in need of one more shot to finish the requirement. At the corner of Charlotte and 11th Ave., I heard the Lord say(as clear as I’ve ever heard him), “go home”.
I began to tell the Lord that Lentz Health Center was right up the street(like He didn’t know), and I needed to take my shot, and since I’m “right here”, no need to go home and come back another day and yada, yada, yada…..I heard him the second time……
Anyway, as the story goes, I disobeyed God, found me a park at the health center, and took my foolish self on in there. My destination was the third floor, room 308, I think. As I got off the elevator and looked to my left, there was a BIG sign on the door.
Due to the Thanksgiving Holidays, there will be NO vacinations today!!!! You could have bought me for a dime… I cried most of the way home. How foolish of me. Suppose God was warning me of some impending danger, what if someone was there to harm me and my faithful Father was warning me. What if????

Viewing a tv show last night, I heard a story that brought me to tears and broke my heart, really. A lady was rehearsing how she got shot, which left her paralyzed. This happened in the 1970’s in California, I think. She had a small baby and had just lost her job, looking for employment, she thought she had found a gold mine, the perfect job. She said it had good benefits and all, and it was what she needed to raise her son.
The interview was on a Friday afternoon at 3:00. She debated going and then changed her mine saying” I’ll go and get it over with”.
After finding the place, still not really wanting to go, she went in. Her life was about to change forever. She said as she walked into the office, “her inner voice said‘GET OUT OF HERE, GET OUT OF HERE” Notice she said “my inner voice said”, like my inner voice had said, that morning when I disobeyed.
She went on to say there was a man there and when she saw him she “knew”, she was in trouble. He took her to a back room and shot her, leaving her paralyzed forever.
Let us pray each day for one another for the protection of God, but even more for a sensitive spirit to hear him and obey. I knew it was God, but I went on my own sense, to get what I wanted. Thankfully, nothing bad happened to me like the lady many years ago, but I was still not sensitive to him and God was not pleased!
The lady has a job and has recovered much, she has helped to raise her son, and she runs a computer with her teeth. She has forgiven the man that did this to her, but what would her life have been, had she heeded the voice GET OUT OF HERE.The inner voice
Torrence

No comments: