Sunday, March 16, 2008

I MISS MY HUSBAND!!!!

A couple hours ago I was watching a basketball game with Gilda and thought to myself, I miss my husband. There have been very few times in 23 years that we haven't been together. But its really a strange feeling when he's not at home. They left yesterday morning about 9:am, and I have lost count of the times he has called, I did call a couple of times too...... I miss Loria and the girls too, the house is a spooky quiet, Karris is usually making some noises or making us laugh. Kenna is usually saying "grandma can I have this or that.....but I really miss John. And as it should be.....

They arrived in Madison ,Florida last night. Today they traveled to Blountstown to see his brother James Howard and visited with other family and friends.

One of his cousins took him through the country to see a lot of "familiar", home sites in Sweetwater, where he grew up. He saw the spring where he got water for the home and visited the house his mother built after the other house burned to the ground. Oh, there will be pictures!!!

Speaking of pictures, he e-mailed a picture of a "prickly pear", yes a real one. His cousin Charlie pulled it by the roots and gave it to him to bring back for me. Can't wait to see a real one. It looked just like the ones I researched on the computer. I bought one at the store, its called "catus pear" and doesn't look like the real prickly pear. I will post it along with other pictures when he gets back.

He will meet with everyone tomorrow and visit his father's grave. Please God for him, it will be an emotional time and a time of mixed feelings. I thank God he is having such a wonderful time but I miss him very much. If all goes well they will get back sometime Tuesday night. Please keep them in your prayers, God give them "traveling grace".........
Torrence

2 comments:

Vic said...

I can't wait to see pictures!!!

I know what it feels like to miss your husband...Isn't it weird how when they are gone the house feels different??? I never liked that empty, something is missing here feeling...Your husband brings such a security to your life...

Stew's Blessing said...

yes, it is amazing isn't it. Hope they get home soon, he's called 4 times today!!!! But nothing like him being here. They took him to his fathers's grave , his mother had paid for the plot, and there was money coming to him from that transaction, but John decided to buy a stone for the grave with the money. Now everyone will know where he lies. It will take a couple of months to have it placed over his father's grave. Its sweet for him to have this opportunity. I thank God.