Saturday, February 16, 2008

STEADY FREDDY.....DON'T BLOW IT!!

Its always good when we stay on course and not "blow it". But this may not always be the case, is it? Course not! But if we do stray, its good to know we may have opportunity to make it right. But, the bad thing is whats done is done. So make choices wisely because we can't go back and change a thing after its in the future. Yes, God will forgive us, others may forgive us, we may even forgive ourselves, but its still done. We can generally understand this when it comes to things of God or spirtual things; but what about just regular stuff. There' a phrase people say sometimes"things happen" And of course they do.......but what about the consequences, someone has to pay the piper.
I was doing real good today till a chocolate pie made its way onto 1304 Tremont Avenue! Sam and Dave had a shopping trip with their dad and apparently had a desire for junk food. They brought chocolate chip cookies, a chocolate chess pie, peanut butter cookies(I don't like them), and some kind of popsicle(that was suppose to be for me!) After a very successful week and morning somehow the chocolate pie was calling my name. What's interesting is I'm not a chocolate person at all(Sam's area). Well I ate some pie, not so bad but I don't know if I really even wanted it. Be ware of the eyes, had I not seen the pie, I would never had even thought of it. I think of how people get in big trouble with the eyes, financial debt(just had to have it), infidelity, embezzlement, coveting the things of others and the list goes on and on..... Steady Freddy, don't blow it. When on a good path, its good to continue and not get sidestracked by things that do not prosper. The chocolate pie added nothing but empty calories and an extended waistline(that I'm trying to shrink!!!) Yes it tasted good but was it worth it really? What did I take from the experience? Is it one that I will cherish, or one something that made me say, I got no benefit from that...... You know the answer. But yet a treat is not that bad you say, you can walk a few more steps and burn the calories off. Who want to do that!! Better to eat fewer calories and not work so hard. Steady Freddie, Don't Blow It!!!!

2 comments:

Tam said...

Your posts are really cool! I like what you post.

Stew's Blessing said...

Hey Tam,
I'm up at 3:00AM because of the stupid chocolate pie I ate earlier in the day!!! Oh and before I went to bed I looked into the cabinets for something and there lay the chip ahoy chocolate chip cookies. Just HAD TO HAVE 2!!! I woke up at 3:00 inthe morning with heartburn, which I never get unless I eat something stupid like chocolate products. But didn't I know this BEFORE I TOOK IT! Yes I did, then why did I do it. I made a chose and it bit me in the butt(more ways than one) I'm thinking about Achan in Joshua 7:21 "When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekals of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them: and took them: and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent....... He saw and he took. God had given them instructions thru Joshua not to take of this spoil(unlike most times they could). Was eating the pie and cookies sin, or just an unadvisable thing to do? We could debate that, but at any rate the pie is lying in the MIDST of my stomach reaping havoc in my body, getting me up way early!!! I took 2 digestive enyzmes, and drank some noni juice and its gone and I feel fine. But the application of the lesson. DON'T EAT THINGS THAT WILL MAKE YOU SICK, OR THAT BRING NO HEALING OR HEALTH TO THE BODY. Oh yeah, Steady Freddy, back to bed....