Sunday, February 17, 2008

STEADY FREDDY, DON'T BLOW IT, PART 2

I'm up at 3:00AM because of the stupid chocolate pie I ate earlier in the day!!! Oh and before I went to bed I looked into the cabinets for something and there lay the chip ahoy chocolate chip cookies. Just HAD TO HAVE 2!!! I woke up at 3:00 inthe morning with heartburn, which I never get unless I eat something stupid like chocolate products. But didn't I know this BEFORE I TOOK IT! Yes I did, then why did I do it. I made a chose and it bit me in the butt(more ways than one) I'm thinking about Achan in Joshua 7:21 "When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekals of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them: and took them: and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent....... He saw and he took. God had given them instructions thru Joshua not to take of this spoil(unlike most times they could). Was eating the pie and cookies sin, or just an unadvisable thing to do? We could debate that, but at any rate the pie is lying in the MIDST of my stomach reaping havoc in my body, getting me up way too early!!! I took 2 digestive enyzmes, and drank some noni juice and its gone and I feel fine. But the application of the lesson. DON'T EAT THINGS THAT WILL MAKE YOU SICK, OR THAT BRING NO HEALING OR HEALTH TO THE BODY. Oh yeah, Steady Freddy, back to bed....

3 comments:

Lynn said...

You found me!!! I'm so glad to be back in touch with you!!! Love you!!!

Lynn said...

About the pie and cookies...We all do things that are not wise, but the important thing is that we learn from that experience and grow. Thank the Lord he loves us even with our not so good decisions!!! He allows us to make our own choices, even though he knows what would be best for us. Then He's right there when we yell "HELP!!!" What an awesome God we serve. That reminds me of a song you used to lead us in...WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE, WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE,....I'M MISS YOUR WORSHIP LEADING!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Stew's Blessing said...

Yes He is a mighty God, but I want to be mighty like Him, and that includes making good decisions.....He always knows the right thing to do so as His child, I must know that too unless I be found a bastard child as the scripture says. Will I ever eat chocolate pie again, probably, but I will also remember how it made me sick and got me up at 3:00 in the morning!!!! Thats what I need to learn. I ate too much, maybe a half slice would have sufficed... Yes He is a great God but I want to GROW up IN HIM so that He can be proud of me and my decisions every single day. And yes, I know if any man sin , or stray, or miss the mark we have an advocate with the father, Jesus the righteous, I just don't want to miss it so often and crucify him afresh... Steady Freddy, don't blow it!