Thursday, February 21, 2008

GO THE WAY YOU KNOW!!!!

On the way from the supermarket today, I had an inkling to frequent another market. I was coming from the Belmont University area on my way to Tremont Avenue when I began to manuver the car towards Charlotte Pike, I was having difficulty finding the street that would directly lead me to where I was trying to go. I was having a situation!!! Driving and figuring and looking and thinking, a thought came into my spirit...GO THE WAY YOU KNOW! I heard it, and started going toward that direction, but still I really wanted to find that quicker easier way. But sometimes the longest way around is the shortest way there. I could have spent much time, and eventually gotten there(after being lost for 15 minutes), but the voice kept saying; go the way you know.
This scripture came to me " 2Tim. 3:14, But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them:" Paul here, leaving his last words to his beloved son in the gospel Timothy, hits the nail on the head, go the way you know boy(lol). Don't get sidetracked, trying to find an easier route; just go the way you know. It's always the sure way, the way that will get you "there".
As we walk with the Lord in this life, we know the way, for Jesus is the
way", GO THE WAY YOU KNOW!!!

3 comments:

Tam said...

Very good! Alot of times when we try to go a different way, a way we may think is easier, better or shorter we end up getting confused and eventually just plain ole lost, right? We know that confusion doesn't come from the Lord and He certainly will not get us lost if we just do what you have said in this post and GO THE WAY WE KNOW!!!!!

Stew's Blessing said...

Hey Tam,
Yes I thank God I know the way, and I'm never confused or uneasy. What a life what a joy to know the way. I always like the song What a Friend we have in Jesus. The line which says" we should never be discouraged, take it to the Lord in pray, and if I do that, I'll never get lost. For since my childhood of 8 years old, the father have dwelt and is dwelling in me, how can I get lost when He's in me? No I'm not confused, in fact I'm stronger now than I've ever been, for each day draw me closer to Him and to my eternal home. Give the family my love...

Lynn said...

Amen!!! I'm not much for the scenic route. Just tell me exactly how to get there and I will follow those directions...not much for adventures which end up nowhere!!! If Jesus says"Go this way," I'm going to do everything in my power to go that way. I don't want to be lost!!! Thank you Lord for your divine direction in my life!!!