Saturday, February 23, 2008

HE'S THINKING OF ME

God said " for I know the thoughts," Oh Hallelujah! When I read this this morning, I rejoiced in my spirit. Of course I'm referring to Jeremiah 29:11.

When I cause myself to understand that God know the thoughts that He thinks towards me, I rest even more gently and peacefully on Him.

God's people at this time were going into captivity for their sins and disobedience, though false prophets were giving false hope(they always do). But the true prophet Jeremiah had spoken the truth they didn't want to hear. They would indeed be carried into Babylon and would indeed stay seventy years, by the word of the Lord!! Yet God says "for I know the thoughts,....and they are good". Even though we may fail God, and yes be punished and corrected, know that God has thoughs of good for us still. This is important.

Psalms 40:5 seems to echo this truth, it reads "Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. God is thinking of us, of us all; for He loves us all. Jeremiah 29:11 reads," For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. The thoughts God had for his people were for a future hope. They are no different for us today. They did not want to take their medicine, and go into captivity, but God's judgment is sure. But still God would visit them at the appointed time.Prov. 13:12 says" Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life. God looks to give us a future hope, or as Jeremiah calls it "an expected end,"and if we would cooperate with him, he will do us good! Oh Hallelujah!
He's thinking of me......So how should I now live? First, I must ever keep that knowledge before my face; not just in my head, but in my heart. And I must guard that truth(for true it is), in me and remind whoever or whatever of it when anything tries to break that resolve.... I agree with what God has said , in other words, I confess it and then we(God and me), become one in that truth. He is thinking of me, I accept what he is thinking because I agree(or confess), with him. I always line myself up with what he says and then we walk together as one man as one unit. Yes, he's thinking of me....and you too...
Later, off to church....thinking of Him....

No comments: