Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Broccoli Mango Smoothie

I usually use green leafy veggies for my green smoothies, but I decided to use broccoli this time, since they're still producing in the garden. It was surprisingly delicious, and it's good to mix things up. I wanted to share this recipe with you guys.

Broccoli Mango Smoothie

5 broccoli florets
handful spinach
pear, cored and chopped
apple, cored and chopped
cup frozen berry blend
inch nob ginger, chopped
1/2 lemon, peeled and seeded
1 1/2 cups filtered water...5 ice cubes

I like to blend my greens a bit with some of the water, then add the other ingredients. Blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth and creamy.

Makes about 2 to 3 servings
375 calories
15g fiber (that's a lot of fiber)
6g protein
85g carbs
Enjoy...what's in your blender today?






No comments: