Saturday, October 2, 2010

THE TRANSITIONING CONTINUES....

















Not that I’d ever hated it, but the transitioning from relaxed to natural hair is really going well. Today I took a big jump and had 31/2 inches cut with a light press and curl. It had been some 30 years since I’ve felt any natural heat on my head!! My stylist Amara did a great job with my nerves and my hair. HA! She said I’m about half way through the process, so by the end of the year I hope to be 100% natural. My hair is growing really fast, and I had a bunch of “new growth”. I was thinking of doing the BIG CHOP but glad I took this route…..slow and steady wins the race, and keeps my hair. I have thought about braids or twists or some other options, and may do some of that as my hair grows, but a light press and curl makes sense for me right now.

I can see my personality in this process, sometimes I have to step back and take my time, instead of jumping out of the difficult times. I’d had to push through the frustrations and go through the process…..this process is not for the faint of heart, it’s emotional, trying and often plain hard!

But like life, if you continue moving forward something good many times will emerge from the seemingly nothingness…...oh yeah, I made the right choice…love my chemical free hair.
Blessings

No comments: