Saturday, August 22, 2009

STILL TOUCHING AND MOVING.....



Amid the many boxes and other LOST items in the garage are many old videos of times past. Today I had the special priviledge of watching my favorite movie of all times….The Ten Commandments. I had no idea were it was, somewhere in some box or the other, my DH found it and I watched the whole thing! I do little television and even less movies, but this one is special.

As I was watching it and enjoying the familiar storyline from the Bible, I couldn’t help but be drawn into this epic even more than in times past, or so it seemed.

I was especially moved to tears when I saw how the slaves were treated. The mud pits where the old man was killed because he dared speak out, when Moses knowing who he REALLY was had visited his people. I thought about how I sometimes complain, and get carried away with such futile things, and these people, God’s chosen people endured such hardships. For some 400 years, day after day, the drudery and the whip of wicked taskmasters made their lives unlivable.

But God had a plan and a purpose only He could fulfill. But they suffered, were killed, the women used as harlots, they were made to build buildings, using straw to make bricks; and yes sometimes without the straw. They were paid nothing, and enjoyed little…..but they were God’s people. And they remain His chosen people.

I pray before I start to whine and complain, I will first remember the sufferings of others, and say Thank you Jesus for my wonderful life……and I will be the more THANKFUL!!!

Be Blessed,
Torrence

No comments: