Thursday, July 24, 2008

A SAXOPHONE, FOR DAVID...

My family is very musical on both sides somewhat, but our youngest son David truly have Stewart genes. He loves every musical instrument and wants to play everything! In the spirit of my grandfather, the late Professor Hillery Thomas Stewart who taught music and toured the country with his own choirs, David fits right in. Many of my cousins are great singers and players of all kinds of instruments, and in Baltimore Maryland, everyone knows the Leach Family records and videos. I told David several years ago, learn to play them all! He’s taken me up on it, I truly believe.

He started playing drums and we bought his FIRST drum set at about 5 years old! There would be three more sets, keyboards, a xylophone, a trumpet, piano (mine really), Loria gave him a clarinet, and there have been many other electronic musical things in between.

Bro. Tracy Wood gave him big old speakers that he refuses to part with, he is very sentimental like me and his father…

But this week he bought another one with his monies, a saxophone he always wanted. Found it on Craig’s list and the noise begans again ha ha. Really, he plays it well and is so proud of it. He stays in my room playing away, all of the children have always loved our bedroom, couldn’t keep the girls out either…
Its ok though, glad my children feel at home in their parent’s room!

Sam takes the noise in stride, its his baby bro, and he deals with life so well.

David the music man, happy and content….Thank God!!!
Torrence

No comments: