Wednesday, July 16, 2008

LIVING IN THE NOW...

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report...Hebrews 11:1-2.

I love the MORNINGS…well, really I’m pretty fond of the whole Day!! But there’s something very special that happens to me when I get up early and get moving.

My daddy was an early riser, oh my; sometimes we children thought he never slept..Always up by the crack of dawn, looking over the crops, feeding hogs and chickens (mostly my job), milking the cows, feeding the horses and mules and finding things for us “yunguns” to do. LOL

We could hear him singing and praying from our rooms and think, oh no, we’re next!

God has certainly given us wonderful weather to enjoy, and I’ve been taking advantage of it.
Walking early gives me a sense of WOW, the body feels so alive and energized and ready for whatever the day brings. Walking is the my time with the Lord, where we talk and muse together and He sorta "nudges" me on points here and there. It is a time of reflection for me, I think about the past, and the future; but swiftly shift into the NOW.

For the NOW is really where I want to stay. What would you have me do…NOW Lord, today…give us this day…Jesus prayed, our daily bread. Too much meddling over yesterday and looking too far into the future is a waste of my time, and may cloud the wonderful NOW that God has for me and mine.

As I was walking yesterday, I was feeling a little STUPID, I was thinking of how I had lost a good bit of weight several years ago, but had gained it and now losing it again… Walking down the alley my whole psyche was bothered by this line of thinking and it was weighing(ha ha) me down. I felt the Lord “nudge ,“keep walking, "stop thinking about that, look at you NOW.” I had to bring my mind back on focus, back on target, back on the NOW. I lifted my head, squared my shoulders and walked 4 and a half miles!!
Have a wonderful day and live in the NOW. For we have this moment……
Blessings,
Torrence

No comments: