Monday, December 26, 2011

THANKFUL!!

“By the yard, it’s hard, but inch by inch, anything’s a cinch”. Les Brown.

I stepped on the scale this morning to find I’d lost another pound. I was so happy, but this has not always been the case. You see, in times past I would have not been thankful for the measly little pound, I would have acted the fool…(in my Steve Harvey voice)…I would say, is that all? I’ve worked so hard, just one pound, and on and on.

Now I keep track of even the ounces, logging each step of this journey…and it is a journey, no doubt about it!

There is something to be said for this getting older thing….I think I’m getting smarter, or at least seeing life from a different perspective. I’m finding and appreciating every “little morsel” of success, limiting my failures before I fail, and being happy in my own skin. And even in failure, I’m learning to brush myself off, and move on, learning to live another day without beating myself to pieces. It is working, slowly but surely……

The best part of the process is that I’m making progress, and I’ve learned to be thankful, for every little gift that God enables me to obtain, not foolishly complaining and regaining.
I believe the cycle has been broken, and the key to success is THANKFULNESS. “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18.….I’m there! Blessings!

No comments: