Tuesday, September 7, 2010

CHANGE FOR THE BETTER!!!

It is interesting how things change, and it’s a good thing too. I'm thankful for the opportunity to change. God is so good, his mercies are from everlasting to everlasting, and I am of all people....very blessed. I'm experiencing some major victories here of late, saying no to junk food has really been a blessing to me. The Lil Debbie Raisin cake, one of my favorite junkies, didn't even tempt me today! Wow.....and we all know there's no junk quite as tempting and delicious as Lil Debbie.

Yesterday was a very good day for me. Planning a trip to the beach, we instead opted to grill. Haven’t grilled since moving to Florida, I guess my hubby had that itch, and we all accommodated him! I really enjoyed it, and I stayed “legal”, seasoning the veggies and meat. I have to be very creative when fixing for the family, but I’ve learned to season the food to the point they don’t miss the salt so much. Of course I add salt for them sometimes, but most foods have salt anyway…we’re just used to adding it, so I use a lotta herbs and spices, juice of limes, lemons, vinegars and other good stuff to tickle the taste buds.

Back to the raisin cakes….every now and then my husband gets a sweet tooth or teeth. Today he brought home pecan swirls, honey buns, and you guessed it…the raisin cakes. I’ve seen the time three would have been gone from my sight before I could adjust the television! Since July I have resisted all kinds of stuff, chocolate and Red Velvet cake, ice cream, doughnuts, cookies etc. But that was it….no junk for me. I guess it’s easier for me because I’m eating better and the cravings have left me, I just don’t want the bad stuff anymore. But Little Debbie, one of my favorites…never would have thunk it!! ….Change is possible after all….

No comments: