Saturday, March 1, 2008

TRY SOMETHING NEW

We all know fruits and vegetables are the BOMB for sustaing good health and weight loss, but I must admit I have become bored with the same ole, same ole same ole stuff. Know what I mean???? My solution to this is each week(if God allows), I will try a new fruit and veggie. God has abundantly given us so many wonderful things to enjoy and I settle for the same old. I thought perhaps I would broaden my horizons and stretch out my knowledge base. I may have to frequent different markets and ethics stores but "the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof" He gave all the foods to us. Genesis 1:29 reads "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat". Fruits and veggies are the dieter's dream since they are low in calories and free of harmful fats. They also pack a wallop of good vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibers, plant sterols, bioflavonoids and the list goes on. Boy, what a beautiful picture and figure fruits and veggies can produce. Which is probably why God gave them to us for our meat(food) Isn't He wonderful, he thought of everything!!!

My two new things will be:

purlsane: its a vegetable with about 10 calories per 1/2 cup. It is to be prepared like fresh spinach and is said will help lower blood pressure

prickly pear: one medium has 42 calories and is rich in vitamin C and magnesium. I'll let you know how they agreed with my palate.. Feel free to add your new tastes to the blog..More fruits and veggies why? Because health matters......

6 comments:

Tam said...

As I read your blog, I am sitting here munching on some dried fruit....papaya, pineapple, raisins, banana chips, apricots, cranberries, almonds, cashews and macadamia nuts. Mmmmmm....good!

love ya girl!

Stew's Blessing said...

Sounds good Tam, but I've already tried those and yes, they are good. Want to try some "new" goodies LOL Sorta wondering about that "prickly pear". I've seen it in the stores, but always was chicken! Loria is eating some mixed nuts right now, I have to watch them, I like them but have to watch the calories...Later

Erika J. said...

im with ya on being sick of the saaaaame stuff. i'll have to look around for some different things to try. lemme know how the pear tastes!

Caet said...

Hi :D

Stew's Blessing said...

Hay Caetie,
Glad to hear from you, why didn't you say more? Was that shorthand? Can only do English and a little French. Can you speak Spanish, its hard to me!! Course you're young, you can learn anything, take advantage of it, its a blessing. Oh and by the way HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!
Love ya!

Caet said...

I can do some French, Spanish... Sign Language... thats about it. LOL!
Thanks Love you too